Mini Pig Food JR. (For pigs up to 1 ½ years of age)
Not your generic, run of the mill commercial food. Each bag is made to order, to ensure maximum freshness when delivered. Please allow for a longer lead time. Food is made in the US, cooked with a special patented process that uses friction (no chemicals) to bind the ingredients. It's formulated for easy digestion and packed with nutrients to help your pig(s) be their healthiest selves. From the minute you open the bag, your pig will taste & smell the difference and be squealing for more!
*FREE SHIPPING IN THE CONTINENTAL US!
Please allow for a longer lead time, as each order is a small batch made to guarantee freshness.
- Crude Protein- Not less than 15.0%
- Crude Fiber- Not more than 9.0%
- Crude Fat- Not less than 3.0%
- Moisture- Not more than 12.0%
- For pigs up to 1 ½ years of age. (Growing pigs) regulate food to a level which maintains IDEAL body condition without putting on excess fat (recommend 1-1.5% of IDEAL body wt.)
- After pig is a year old start blending JR. with ADULT food. Start with a 2 to 1 ratio, of more Jr. food to adult. Half and half. More Adult than Jr. food. When pig is about 1.5 years old fully transition to Adult food.
We give our growing pig who is under 1 year and extremely active a ½ cup of food 2 times a day and supplement with OinkBox treats broken in ½ for training, celery and other low sugar, low cal veggies. (If she grazes a lot and has a tight bloated tummy, we will cut 1 meal down to a ¼ cup of food from her daily helping.)
We give our 6-year pig who is not very active a ¼ cup of food 2 times a day and supplement with OinkBox treats broken in ½ for training, celery, and other low sugar, low cal veggies.
A good rule to follow is to watch the sway in their backs and watch if their tummy drops below their knee.
- Adjust the feed amount based on your pig’s appearance and TOTAL calorie intake. ALL adjustments need to be made small and gradual.
- Each pig has its own dietary needs, metabolisms vary from pig to pig. The level of feed intake a pig needs depends on many factors some of which include: age, activity level, environmental temperatures, other foods your pig is eating, physical body condition.
- In addition- as part of the diet, moderate amount of chopped vegetables daily can be added. Limit fruit intake as it will cause weight gain and blood sugar spikes. Always have fresh water available.
- Please remember this is just a guideline Feel free to contact us for individual consultation
Pig Pal Tip: Mix with water and let soak for a few minutes so the texture is softer